Tuesday, April 08, 2008

WE ARE IN PERÚ!!! Country number 11!

back to Our Walk of Faith

I haven't been able to "catch up" any more on the journal, but I have up-dated the map...don't worry, I am still working on the journal. I've taken good notes...we don't want to forget one amazing thing that God has done on this journey.

God has been moving in incredible ways!! We are in Tumbes a town about 20 miles from the border of Ecuador. We were walking along the day that we crossed the border...it was getting late. All of a sudden 10-12 brothers and sisters in Christ unloaded from a van right in front of us. One of the brothers, Enrique, started talking to us, then the pastor's wife, Patricia, prayed over us. Then they said...we are here for church. The mother church in Tumbes is planting a church in Quebrada Grande. So we stayed with them for the service...we were sweaty and dusty from walking all day, but they still wanted us to share testimony. God has continued to open doors, so we have been back and forth ministering in Quebrada Grande and Tumbes. We know that the time here is drawing to a close.

On a side note: God has provided in a huge way...He's bringing us home!! Pastor Lance from the First Baptist Church in Dilley, TX has e-mailed us tickets back to the US. We'll be continuing to minister here in Perú until April 30th, so don't miss the up-dates...then we fly out of Lima, Perú on May 1st, and we'll be in San Antonio, TX at 9 am on May 2nd. We are looking forward to being in their services over the weekend!!! Then we'll be heading back to NC to see our FAMILIES and rest a bit before taking our next step of faith! Can't wait to share more with all of you...IN PERSON...soon!!

God bless you and keep you! We'll be in touch again soon!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD !!!!
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL SOON, AND HEARING YOUR STORY IN PERSON !!! FRANK BOWEN, WAS HEAR TONIGHT, AS I READ THIS UPDATE.
LOVE AND MISS YOU BOTH. YA'LL CONTINUE TO BE IN OUR PRAYERS.
RUNAE AND MIKE

Anonymous said...

So neat guys! I've been to Tumbes on a bus trip to Ecuador from Trujillo...so cool...don't eat the fruit salad sold by street vendors there...I felt that for days...Ha Ha...I'm so looking forward to seeing you guys when you get back.

Anonymous said...

If you have to come through Dallas, we would love to see you! My church has been following your journey.
Hope

Anonymous said...

I wish I could join you in Peru, but since I'm not able to do that, I can't wait to see you. Miss you and love you!
Becky Kusz

yourdivinity said...

I am sooo glad you both made it safely to peru! You've been in my prayers. I love you both so much and am glad you'll be returning

Lawrence said...

What great news I had to read on my blog when I checked it today! It will good to see you guys again- but it is weird to think of you not walking. ;) So much has changed since you left and I cant wait to be able to catch you up! I am so in awe of God's majesty and glory as I look back over the past and over you walk of faith- it has been that- a walk of faith and truly I feel that your walk has inspired others in their walk's as well- I know it has in my own. I am really exited to see you guys and it tears me up ;) thinking that I get to have you guys at the wedding- you are two who I truly wanted there above all others. Ive missed you both and cant wait to have you here in person instead of this internet relationship! God answers prayers and is faithful to those who are faithful to him- you guys are evidence of that. Cant wait to have you home!

Always your bro. in Christ,

Lawrence P.

**being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 1:6
---The Journey is not over!

Anonymous said...

We're proud of you!!!!
Your walk of faith has impacted our lives forever!!!!
We are so looking forward to seeing and being with y'all!!!!
God is so good and we are thankful for His protection, provision, peace, and power!!!!
We love you very much,
Mama and Daddy

Anonymous said...

Been following your journey. Its so exciting to have seen God's hand upon you guys. Know you are excited to get back to the states.
The youth can't wait to hear more from you.
Penny
The Salt House Worship Center
Hortense Ga